Delightfully sweet and silky soft, our mango banana smoothie recipe is refreshing, full of heart, and packed with so much goodness it won’t fail to bring a smile to your face.
If you prefer mild sweetness and creamy textures, this is very much the smoothie for you. The thick, fibrous textures of the frozen banana and fresh mango, bound by the coconut milk, make for a smoothie that oozes a trail of goodness along your tastebuds.
The juicy sweetness of the mango is balanced perfectly with the fragrant, milder sweetness of the banana and coconut.
This makes for a smoothie that is pleasantly sweet, without being overpowering. Coupled with its creaminess, this truly is a comfort drink that can load your body up with so much natural energy.
Mango Banana Smoothie Recipe
The beauty of this smoothie is in its simplicity, as it consists only of three core ingredients. To get started, make sure you have:
- Mangoes – 4 cups cubed fresh mango (about 2 very large mangos or 4 smaller mangoes).
- Bananas – 2 large frozen bananas.
- Coconut milk – 1/2 cup of light coconut milk.
Step by Step
Once your bananas are frozen and your mango chopped, it’s time to add your ingredients to your blender or food processor.
Be sure to add your mango first, and then your frozen banana on top. The coconut milk will naturally pool at the bottom, making for an easier blend for your machine.
As you can see, yellow is very much the star color for this sumptuous smoothie. Often, less is more, and that’s very much the case with this recipe.
Once your ingredients are in, give them a good blend. We often blend for up to a minute, but will commonly use the preset smoothie setting on our Vitamix.
For the best results, be sure to check the preferences of your blender or food processor. As both banana and mango are soft, everything should meld together nicely into a silky, super smooth liquid.
Once blended, your smoothie should have a bold, yellow color, and a thick, creamy texture, courtesy of the banana.
Now it’s time for the best part! Get your glasses, jars, cups, or bowls, and ooze that yellow goodness into each one.
The pour is mesmerizing, as the mango banana smoothie should be a thick and luscious consistency.
Once poured serve immediately, as the smoothie should be breathtakingly fresh and icy cold, due to the use of frozen banana.
We like to drink our smoothies with reusable metal straws, as you can enjoy the fragrant sweetness at a leisurely pace.
Mango Banana Smoothie Recipe Variations
As mentioned above, this really is a simple smoothie to assemble. Because of this, there’s so much opportunity to experiment and add extras here and there to pander to your palate and preferences.
If your heart desires, give some of these variations a try:
- Honey – If your mango is not sweet enough, add honey to the smoothie.
- Agave – If the mangoes you use are not sweet enough but you want to keep the smoothie vegan, you can add agave syrup instead of honey.
- Powders – If you want this smoothie for a meal rather than a snack, you can add protein powder for extra calories.
- Greek yogurt – You can make the smoothie even creamier with some greek yogurt.
- Coconut yogurt – If you want to make this smoothie cremier and make it vegan, try adding coconut yogurt.
- Seeds – Flax seeds and chia seeds will give the smoothie a little extra texture and will add some nutrients.
- Ice – While we prefer to use frozen fruit instead of ice so as not to dilute the lovely fruity flavors, you can use ice if you’re in a hurry.
The most important thing is to have fun. As you can see below, even just with three simple ingredients, this smoothie is truly mouthwatering to lay eyes on.
What blender did we use for this mango passion fruit smoothie?
We used the Vitamix A2500i to make our delicious mango and banana smoothie.
More Mango Smoothie Recipes
When it comes to smoothies, mango really is a brilliant choice of fruit. It pairs perfectly with so many other ingredients.
If you loved this smoothie and want to try more mango-based recipes, give some of these smoothies a try:
- Mango Passion Fruit Smoothie
- Mango Lime Smoothie
We love this recipe so much, and it’s been a real lifesaver on busy mornings or when we need a quick and hearty snack or lunch.
Bananas are a real power food, so you’ll have no trouble feeling energized after enjoying a large glass or jar of this simple, beautiful, and gloriously creamy smoothie.
Want to keep this delicious smoothie recipe for safekeeping? Use the pin below and save this article to one of your Pinterest boards, so that it’s always on hand.
- 4 cups cubed fresh mango (about 2 very large mangos or 4 smaller mangoes)
- 2 large frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup of light coconut milk
- Add all the ingredients to your blender or food processor. Be sure to add the fresh mango closer to the blender blade, and then your frozen banana. The coconut milk will naturally pool at the bottom, making for an easier blend for your machine.
- Once your ingredients are in, give them a good blend. We often blend for up to a minute, but will commonly use the preset smoothie setting on our Vitamix. For the best results, be sure to check the preferences of your blender or food processor. As both banana and mango are soft, everything should meld together nicely into a silky, super smooth liquid.