Bring a breathtaking dose of tropical goodness into your home kitchen with our mango passion fruit smoothie recipe, brimming with powerful and sweet flavors.
Mango and passion fruit is a majestic combination and truly delicious. The juicy, sweet mango balances the fleshy, tart passion fruit beautifully, while the seeds elevate the texture of the smoothie to another level.
Our recipe is so simple to prepare and is perfect if you love exotic, sweet flavors. Close your eyes, take a sip, and you’ll instantly transport yourself to a sandy white beach in Rio!
Mango Passion Fruit Smoothie Recipe
So let’s get started. You’ll need the following to make our mango passion fruit smoothie:
- Mango – 2 large mangoes (about 4 cups of cubed fresh mango).
- Passion fruit – 3 passion fruits (about 1/4 cup of pulp and juice).
- Lemon – 1 large lemon, freshly squeezed (about 1/6 cup of juice).
- Mint – 6-7 mint leaves.
- Black Pepper – the surprise ingredient – 6 twists of black pepper.
Step by Step Instructions
Once your fruit is cut and cubed, add everything to your blender or food processor. Add your soft mango to the bottom, then add everything else on top. The mango cubes are soft and sizeable, so are best to blend first.
As you can see, the jelly-like passion fruit is dotted with seeds, helping create layers to the texture of your smoothie. Both the mint and black pepper will balance the sweetness and tartness of the mango and passion fruit.
Next, blend your ingredients together. We blend for up to 60 seconds, but be sure to check your food processor’s or blender’s preferences and modes for the best results.
The passion fruit pulp is as soft as jelly, and even though the mango is fibrous, it is still soft. Hence, most blenders or food processors shouldn’t have any problems blending them both together.
Once blended, you’ll have a smoothie with a gorgeous golden color, dotted with the crushed black seeds from the passion fruit.
As soon as it’s blended, serve your smoothie immediately into a glass, cup, or jar, and watch it pool from the bottom up like a liquid gold waterfall.
Passion fruit, in particular, is a very aromatic fruit, so this smoothie will really get all the senses going.
This smoothie recipe captures everything we love about tropical fruit so wonderfully. It’s rich, colorful, sweet, and tart, and it is the perfect drink to enjoy on a hot summer’s day out in the garden.
Mango Passion Fruit Smoothie Recipe Variations
The beauty of any smoothie recipe is in its diversity. If you want to enhance or change my recipe, give some of these recommendations a try and see what you think.
- Honey – If your mango is not sweet enough, add some honey to the mixture to give it a boost in the sweetness department.
- Agave – If you want to keep your smoothie vegan but want an extra touch of sweetness, add some agave syrup.
- Greek yogurt – You can make your smoothie both vegan and creamier by adding some greek yogurt to it.
- Seeds – Both chia seeds and flax seeds are great additions to add a little extra texture to the smoothie, while reaping all the health benefits of these highly nutritious seeds.
- Passion fruit (frozen, puree, or powder) – If you don’t have fresh passion fruit, you can use passion fruit puree, powder, or frozen packs of passion fruit. Personally, I don’t like to use concentrate.
- Powders – If you want to enjoy this smoothie as a heartier breakfast of lunch, add some protein powders for extra calories.
- Frozen fruit – If you want your smoothie thicker and colder, try freezing half the mango (2 of the 4 cups used in the recipe).
- Ice – I generally prefer to use frozen fruit but if you’re in a hurry, you can use ice to bring a touch of coolness to your smoothie.
This sweet and delicious smoothie is ideal for putting a tropical twist on meal time. We love to garnish our smoothies with a little cubed mango, mint, and a metal, reusuable straw, to really make you feel like you’re enjoying this drink in paradise.
What blender did we use for this mango passion fruit smoothie?
We used the Vitamix A2500i to make our delicious mango and passion fruit smoothie.
More Mango Smoothie Recipes
Mango is a real show-stopper for smoothies. If you loved this recipe, give some of our other mango smoothie recipes a try:
- Mango Banana Smoothie
- Mango Lime Smoothie (upcoming)
Whether you tried our mango passion fruit smoothie or added your own little twist, we really hope you enjoyed this refreshingly delicious recipe.
Mango and passion fruit truly are a winning combination. Both nutritious fruits, their bold, sweet flavors make for a memorable smoothie that packs quite the punch.
- 2 large mangoes (about 4 cups of cubed fresh mango)
- 3 passion fruits (about 1/4 cup of pulp and juice)
- 1 large lemon, freshly squeezed (about 1/6 cup of juice)
- 6-7 mint leaves
- 6 twists of black pepper (the surprise ingredient)
- Prep your fruit. Peel and cube the mango. Cut the passion fruits in half and scoop up the pulp and juice with a spoon. Squeeze the lemon.
- Add everything to your blender or food processor. Add your soft mango to the bottom, then add everything else on top.
- Blend until smooth (about 60 seconds).
Need a generous dose of tropical goodness in your life? Keep this mango passion fruit recipe for safekeeping, by saving it to one of your Pinterest boards.